The Dharma Heruka
According to Buddha-Dharma there are six realms of incarnation within Dukkha-Samsara:
- Naraka-Gati: Infernal suffering ad infinitum.
- Preta-Gati: Eternal famine of hungry ghosts.
- Tiryagyoni-Gati: Bestial existence, wild as well as domestic.
- Manusya-Gati: Human condition; Nirvana close but elusive.
- Ashura-Gati: Jealous demigods locked in perpetual combat.
- Deva-Gati: Heavenly beings lost through blissful absorption.
Ideally, Humans should be capable of breaking the whole vicious cycle but since these realms are both literal and allegorical, it appears this world borrows most heavily from Ashura-Gati.
Tantric doctrines further stress that chief demoniac Ashuras were pacified by Siddhartha-Gautama (historical Buddha) and enlisted as ferocious defenders of Dharma.
Consequentially, current circumstances call for a new breed of spiritual warrior to transcend even Devas when they elevate humanity upon self-sacrificial shoulders.
Enter The Dharma Heruka . . .
Image: Samvara Mandala